Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Allergic to cosmetic soaps/products containing oil?

It seems I'm allergic to any lotion/soap that contains oils or glycerin, my eyes become puffy and such. Is this a very rare problem? What should I do?Allergic to cosmetic soaps/products containing oil?
Do you realize how many different types of oil there are out there in skin care products? TONS. Not to mention certain oils are wonderful for the skin.





I am an esthetician on the Las Vegas strip. I see people from all over the world and I have never heard of this.





You can be allergic to glycerin, but you could also be allergic to several other things in products. Specific ingredients, fragrance, even a certain dye.





Furthermore; you may not be allergic to anything and just have reactive or sensitive skin.





I hear that people are allergic to things all the time, and really they are just using the wrong products for their skin type and it because a rash due to irritation, not allergies.





I would say before you say you are allergic, get allergy tests.





If anything, use products for sensitive skin. Anything very plain and mild.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
parasites